Records of all licensed drivers are kept by the Idaho Transportation Department. So, you can request your Idaho driving record from Idaho Department of Motor Vehicle. Continue reading this article to get more information about your driving record, how to obtain it, fees involved and other relevant information.
What Is an Idaho Driving Record?
An Idaho driving record contain your driving history, including your violations, convictions, tickets issued, suspensions and other information.
Points against Your Driving License
If you get many points against your driver’s license within a short time, your driver’s license may face suspension. The Idaho Department of Motor Vehicle will notify you through mail if you get:
- 8-11 points accumulated in 1 year
- 14-17 points in 2 years
- 20-23 points in 3 years.
If you exceed the number of allowed points, your Idaho driving license will be suspended as follows:
- 30-day suspension or 1 month suspension for 12-17 points accumulated in 1 year
- 90-day suspension or three months suspension for 18-23 points accumulated in two years
- 6-month suspension for 24 points or more accumulated in 3 years.
NOTE: All points accumulated as a result of traffic violations reflect in your Idaho driving record and they will remain there for 3 years.
Types of Idaho Driving Records
The following are types of Idaho driving records that can be ordered from the Idaho Transportation Department:
- Unofficial driving record (for personal use)
- A certified driving record (for official use). For this record, the DMV charges extra fees in order to obtain them
- A third-party Idaho driving record (used for background check).
Who Sees Your Idaho Driving Record?
Idaho driving record can be ordered by the following groups:
- Anyone with authorized written consent from you
- Court or government agencies for official functions
- Businesses for background check
- Research companies normally used for research purposes
- Insurance companies
- Licensed private investigators
- Tow companies
- Employers as part of employment screening purpose
- Authorized individual carrying out public safety checks.
Ordering Your Idaho Driving Record
All requests are processed by the Idaho Transportation Department and this is done by mail. To obtain a copy of your driving record, you will need:
- To fill and complete Form ITD 3120 (Motor Vehicle Driver’s License Record Request)
- A check or money order for your driving record fee.
Send this info to the address listed on the form.
Fees for Idaho Driving Records
Idaho driving records fees depend on the type of record that you want to request.
- $7 for Idaho driving record
- $14 for Certified Idaho driving record
- $14 Driving record plus copies of documents
- $7 for Photocopy per document.
Acceptable Payment Methods
Fees can be paid by:
- Money order
- Credit card.
Cash payments are not accepted by the Idaho Transportation Department.
Correcting Information on Your Idaho Driving Record
If your Idaho driving record is incorrect, you can email or call the driver services office to rectify it. Use the following info when contacting this department: E-mail at email@example.com Calling at (208) 334-8736.